The good news is that the tech industry is back on fire and companies are hiring! Great evidence here.
So, the job market is hot and standing out from the competition is a constant challenge. It takes more than a static job listing to show why you’re a great place to work. Finding that employee that is not only talented but will also fit into your corporate culture is critical. The old school way of recruiting was to simply focus on the background and talents of prospective new applicants. In today’s time, those same employees need to evaluate all there is to know about what is like to work at a prospective new company.
There is no better way to do this than to showcase a recruiting video. For example, here is a recruiting video we did for ServiceMax is just three weeks and for less than $10k for ServiceMax:
Here are some ideas we try to incorporate into recruiting videos to make them most effective:
- Showcasing employees in different levels and in different organizations giving a quick blurb of what it is like to work there.
- Showing multiple organizations working together in a positive environment.
- Showcasing the perks of working there like “the cafeteria, office gym, beers on Fridays, corporate outings to theme parks and more”.
- Testimonials from employees about the long term potential and career growth available.
- A snapshot on the products and services and why they stand out from the competition
- Fun, energetic, enthusiastic!
I ran across this article recently that shows examples of some other great styles of recruiting videos that Ovation could produce here. Recruiting videos can also be used at conferences, sales kickoffs and more. Happy hiring from Ovation Solutions!